Monday, September 20, 2010

My Favorite Resources

Here's a quick rundown of some of my favorite resources (for my one and only 2nd grader):

Math: Pyramath!  You can see a review of it HERE.  Math games are way more fun than math worksheets!

Spelling: Big IQ Kids Online Spelling Bee.  We use All About Spelling but it is fun to just go online and practice. 

History: We are enjoying both Grandpa's Box and A Child's History of the World.  We also like Story of the World, which not only has good stories, but also has great project and craft ideas.

Grammar: We use First Language Lessons for Grammar.  Oh, and I can't wait to start using Grammarland, which looks like it will be really fun to read together. 

Latin: Last year we used Song School Latin and discovered Headventureland, which has games and videos that go along with their series.  

Bible: We are studying Psalms this year as well as going to a community Bible study, but our new favorite resources for Bible are the What's in the Bible DVD series!  I just did a review on them and you can enter a giveaway to win the first DVD HERE.

So, those are some of my favorite resources.

5 comments:

Tolle Lege Christian Academy

We're on chapter 4 of Grammar Land are enjoying it!

There's a fellow blogger that made work pages that go along with the book, and they are great! So nice of her to share:

http://dontneednoeducation.blogspot.com/2010/02/grammar-land-worksheets-part-3.html

:-)

Paula

Another mum to one daughter here, using Grammar Island! Grammar Island is more fun than FLL. However, FLL does a good job too. Saw your intro on Blog Haven. My daughter has just turned 9.

Guiding Light

You have some interesting items here...I'm going to have to look in to them more...thanks!

One Mom

Thanks for the link. We just read the Intro and Chapter 1 of Grammarland and completed the first worksheet. She really liked it!

Vickie

We love Grammarland here. We've read it a couple times. I made up our own worksheets too. I used it as a read aloud.

Good post.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!