Thursday, July 21, 2011

Reading Aloud Challenge: Week 3

Debra over at Footprints in the Butter has been hosting a Reading Aloud Challenge each week on her blog so I will be linking up again this week.

I finally finished reading Pocahontas and the Strangers aloud.  We were scheduled to read just a chapter a day so it took about a month.

It was a great book and we both learned so much about the life of Pocahontas, her tribe, the settlers at Jamestown, Captain John Smith, and John Rolfe. 

I would definitely recommend it if you are studying American History.


Today we started a new book called Almost Home.  It's an Adventure based on the life of the Mayflower's Mary Chilton. 

I have only read part of the first chapter but it looks like we will be enjoying  it. 

This book is part of the Daughter's of the Faith Series so if you enjoy it and are looking for others you may want to check those out as well.


I am also continuing to read aloud A First Book in American History and Journeys in Time for History and One Small Square: Seashore for Science.

What have you been reading aloud this week?

2 comments:

Debra

Yay on finishing Pocahontas! Everything else looks amazing too. :)

Diane Stringam Tolley

I've written down all of the books. thanks for the recommendations!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!