Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - September 17


This morning is busy so I'll be brief.  I stuck to the plan and have now gone 2 WEEKS meat and dairy FREE!  And it has been way easier than I thought it would be!

Here are some of the meals we ate last week and our thoughts:

Spinach and Artichoke Pie - This was good but I forgot to buy the Kalamata olives and we don't have any nutritional yeast yet.  I think it would be better with both so we are going to make this again once we have everything.

Vegetable Crock-Pot Pot Pie - We really liked this and are having it again this week.  It was very easy to make but when I make it again I will cut the potatoes smaller and cook on high for two hours.  They were not completely soft.

Easy Crockpot Lentil Soup - Hubby really liked this one but Funny Bunny gave it a thumbs down.

Burritos with Spanish Rice and Black Beans - Hubby and I both LOVED this one.  It made a ton of leftovers and it was very filling!  We knew Funny Bunny wouldn't eat it so we made it on a night she was with grandparents.

Vegetable Pizza with this Pizza Crust - This pizza crust is really good!  This will probably be a weekly meal.  We just leave off the cheese and add veggies.  Yum!


Banana Date Walnut Muffins - Everyone really liked these so I am going to make them again.  I didn't use dates or walnuts and I am going to reduce the sugar down to 1/4 cup because they were really sweet.  

Here are our dinners for this week:

Spaghetti and Salad
Vegetable Crock-Pot Pot Pie
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Burritos with Spanish Rice and Black Beans

Snacks:

Ridiculously Easy Pineapple Sorbet
Banana Date Walnut Muffins

If you have any easy plant-based recipes I would love to hear them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!