Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Menu Plan Monday {on Tuesday}


It's the end of April, and that means I have been on, off, and then back on my journey of eating better several times!  ;)  Sound familiar??!

Thankfully it has been unseasonably cool this spring, so I still have time to get into shape for "shorts weather."

My plan is simple....eat right and exercise!  Ok, easier said then done. 

Well, I did pick up some organic produce and eggs from our local co-op.  There should be some avocados as well, but they weren't on the truck so I'll be getting them next time.  I also bought some organic strawberries and apples at the store this week...so we are stocked up!

Tonight we are having a big salad for dinner!

My weakness though is packaged snacks!  I'm on a mission right now to find some healthy packaged snack ideas.  And to help me, I'm going to use what a friend recommended to me yesterday.  It's called Fooducate and is a FREE food grading system for your phone.  

Once downloaded, you just scan the UPC of a food and it will be graded.  You can change the settings to list specific items.  Mine will show whether a food is vegetarian, vegan, contains GMOs, and more. What's even better is that it suggests healthier alternatives!

So here are some of our meals for the week:

Vegetable and Bean Soup
Big Vegetable and Fruit Salad
Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce
Homemade Pineapple Pizza

If you have any easy plant-based recipes I would love to hear them!  I've been pinning several on Pinterest so I'm looking forward to trying some new meals in the next few weeks!


©2010-2013 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!