Monday, March 31, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - March 31

http://orgjunkie.com/2014/03/menu-plan-monday-march-3114.html

If you've been following my food journey, you know that I started eating plant-based on February 3rd.  Today ends two months of my journey. 

We took a trip to Legoland and Disney over the weekend.  I tried my best to stick with it so my goal was to eat vegan, or at the very least, vegetarian.  I just didn't want to stress over oil and sugar. 

Here are a few of the highlights -

Friday afternoon - Garden salad at Legoland and a few healthy snacks that I brought.

Friday evening - Vegetable Jambalaya at Boatwright's Dining Hall at Port Orleans Riverside. {A lighter take on a New Orleans Classic with Asparagus, Mushrooms, Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes with Rice} I also had several pieces of Cornbread.  Not plant based but I just couldn't resist!!

Saturday afternoon - Quinoa Salad at Be Our Guest at Magic Kingdom. {Quinoa Salad with Green Beans, Potatoes, Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers, Golden Beets and Tomatoes}.  It was really good!!

Saturday evening - Buffet at The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom.  The chef came out and showed me all the meat and dairy free options at the buffet.  Then he brought me some Tofutti ice cream from the back.  I was totally stuffed!!

Sunday afternoon  - Vegetarian Platter at the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at EPCOT.  {Hummus, Tabouleh, Lentils, Falafel and Marinated Olives with fresh Moroccan Bread}.  This meal surprised me the most.  It was very good and a great deal for the amount of food I got. 

I brought my own snacks but did get a pretzel on Sunday, just because I was craving it!

I wish I had taken some pictures but I wasn't even thinking about it at the time.  Of course, most of the food had lots of oil, but my goal was to eat as close to plant-based as I could. 

Here are a few of the meals I had last week before we left.


Pancakes, Grits, and Fruit

For the menu this week our dinners will include:

Quick Burgers
Vegetable Stirfry {Hubby made this one and I'll share the recipe next week}
Black Beans and Brown Rice Extravaganza
Spaghetti, Salad, and Happy Herbivore Fat Free Cornbread



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!