Monday, November 15, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - November 15


For the month of November Our Homeschool Reviews will be participating in a Gratitude Challenge hosted by Brenda at Garden of Learning.  For each day, I'll post about something I am thankful for.

Today I am thankful for...Our Home!  I love our home.  Before moving here my husband and I lived only a mile down the street from where we are now.  It was a much smaller home in an older neighborhood.  Don't get me wrong, I loved that home too.  It was our first house and we did a lot of projects on it.  This house was ours from the start though.  We found it when just the frame was going up and it was planned to be a spec home for the new neighborhood.  It was a good deal at the time so we snatched it up.  Even though it is 7 1/2 years old (just 1 month older than our daughter), it still feels new.  We are continually making improvements and buying things for it.  

Today I was able to finish cleaning, had dinner on the stove, shut the blinds, turned on some lamps, along with some classical music, and just relaxed with my daughter.  With the lights dim and the music on, it seemed so cozy...only thing missing was the fire.

I'm so thankful we have a home to live in!  


2 comments:

Catherine

It's nice to love where you live. It sounds like you have all the makings of a lovely evening.

asliceofsmithlife

Hi Christine!
Although I rarely have relaxing evenings like you described with our four children running around, I am grateful for my home that we strive to fill with God's love and peace!
Thanks for linking up to Thankful Hearts Blog Hop! I've enjoyed reading your thankful posts this month :)
Tracy
http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!