Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gift Ideas

Out of all the reviews we have done to this point, I thought I would highlight a few of the items that we have enjoyed the most, just in case you are looking for that perfect gift or curriculum idea!


What's In The Bible? DVDs.  When I heard about these DVDs I knew they would be something that our whole family would enjoy!!  I reviewed the first three DVDs back in September and the fourth one last month.  The 13 DVD-series released in March and takes you from The Beginning to Revelation.  Their website has some great information and fun activities for the kids. We love these and I'll catch my daughter singing the songs throughout the day!


Read, Write & Type: Talking Fingers.  I reviewed Talking Fingers back in October and this is a program my daughter absolutely loves!  She likes the story line and wants to find out what is going to happen next to Vexor, the computer villain, who steals all the letters.  As she has continued to move further in the program, I've noticed that she works on using the correct hand and finger positions when she is typing, even if she is just typing for fun.
 
Photobucket

I See Cards: PyraMath.  We enjoy playing card games in our family but I wasn't sure how well a math card game would go over.  When I received PyraMath we immediately opened it, watched the online instruction videos and started playing.  The game is simple, quick, fun, and educational, all at the same time!  Plus, the price is right at only $6.95 per deck!



Greathall Productions: Jim Weiss CDsJim Weiss' CDs were my most recent review and we just LOVE them!  Jim has been a storyteller for over 25 years and you can tell just by listening as he retells story after story.  These are not your boring books on CD either!  Jim has the natural ability to take a story that has been retold year after year, and bring a new life to it.  Titles include American Tall Tales, Arabian Nights, The Three Musketeers & Robin Hood, Tales from the Old Testament, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, and so much more!  Great for stocking stuffers!  Oh, and I still have a giveaway going on for one of his CDs until December 6th.  

I hope as you shop for great gifts for your family that you will take some of these into consideration!

Disclosure: I have received no compensation for making this list and all opinions and experiences within this post are my own.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!