Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - January 24


As I am getting ready to make this post, I am wondering what day of the week most of you grocery shop.  My grocery day is either Sunday or Monday.  I like to get it done on Sunday if I can, so it doesn't interrupt our homeschool on Monday.  But things happen and sometimes my daughter and I will have to make a run out on Monday morning. 

So here is my menu for the week. I'll mark which ones are new.

Sunday: Shrimp, Jasmine Rice, and Corn on the Cob
Monday: Chili (new recipe)
Tuesday: Black Bean Soup
Wednesday: My in laws are cooking tonight and I'm not sure what they are making yet. 
Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas
Friday: Asian Beef Stirfry

My husband is loving the Chicken Enchiladas so I outlined the recipe below.  It is quick and easy to make, plus it is pretty healthy!

Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 50 min

Ingredients:
1lb of Chicken Breast
4 Green Onions
2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, Chopped (I don't use this)
1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced (I don't use this)
3 Cans (10oz each) Green Enchilada Sauce
8 Corn Tortillas
1 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
2 Cups Lettuce, Shredded
1/2 Cup Salsa
1/2 Cup FF Sour Cream
1 Tomato, Diced
1 Can Ripe Olives, Sliced

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Coat a 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray.  Bring chicken to boil in a pot, reduce heat to medium and simmer until no longer pink or 15 min. Shred with two forks and set aside. 

Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray over medium heat.  Add green onions, cilantro, and jalapeno; saute for 2 min.  Add chicken and 1 can of sauce.  Cook, sirring until heated through, about 5 min.

Pour remaining 2 cans of sauce in a bowl and microwave for 2 min until warm.  Dip each tortilla in the sauce and fill with about 1/8 of the chicken mixture. Roll up and place, seam side down, in the baking dish.

Pour remaining heated sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake for about 15 min.

Top with lettuce, salsa, tomatoes, sour cream, and olives.

** Just a note to say that even though the green enchilada sauce says "mild" it is a little spicy so we eat this on the night our daughter is out with my parents for dinner.  You could substitute the red sauce instead.

For more recipes or to link up, click the picture at the top.

 

1 comments:

Gingermommy

Hi, following from the prp
http://talesofarantingginger.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!