Thursday, May 17, 2012

5 Days of Homeschooling An Only Child


It's day four of 5 Days of Blogging with the Homeschool Crew and today I'm writing about Homeschooling An Only Child and fitting in.

Funny Bunny has always been very social and has made friends easily.  And I've always made sure that we participate in plenty of activities outside the home.  Did you read my last post about socialization? ;)

As Funny Bunny and her friends over the years have gotten older though, I have noticed something.  Just as I would seek out another family with a girl around her age for her to play with, families with many children are doing the same thing.  They are looking for other families with children around the ages of their children.  And we just have one girl...no older or younger siblings to play with theirs.

Of course this isn't really a big deal, and it's certainly not something that Funny Bunny notices, just something that I've noticed over the past couple years.

So what do I do?  The same thing I always do...attend as many activities as we can and just let her have fun.  :)

If you homeschool an only child, is this something you have noticed?

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!