Monday, September 24, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - September 24


Today is the start of WEEK 4 of eating a plant-based diet!  This past weekend we went to Disney and I was determined to make it through without failing terribly!  This was also the first time we bought their dining plan, so I had already made dinner reservations at some yummy buffet restaurants!  So here's what I ate:

Friday Lunch - Side salad and fruit cup from CFA on the way.

Friday Snack - Micky Pretzel {these are huge}!

Friday Dinner was at Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.  Oh goodness, last time we ate here we all rolled out!!  We LOVE Boma!  Did you know that if you tell them when you get there that you have dietary needs, a chef will come out to talk to you?  The chef at Boma was wonderful!  He took me around the whole buffet line and told me what was in everything.  It was awesome!  Their buffet is sooo big, there was a ton I could eat that was meat and dairy free!  I filled two or three plates with veggie dishes and fruits.  They also have dairy free desserts in the back so I was able to eat a yummy raspberry sorbet with fruit and dairy free cookies.  I was STUFFED!!

Saturday Breakfast - Banana and coffee

Saturday Lunch - Every lunch place we checked had some sort of vegetarian/vegan dish.  I had a veggie/bean burger with grapes and apples on the side.

Saturday Snack - Wheat Thins

Saturday Dinner was at the Liberty Tree Tavern.  NOT the place you want to go for meat/dairy free eating...lol!  We had made these reservations a while back though, so I was stuck with it.  The chef came and I didn't have many options.  He gave me a heaping plate of plain veggies and I had a couple small rolls and a few bites of stuffing {bad idea}.  By the time he brought my raspberry sorbet with fruit out, my tummy was rumbling!  OH GOODNESS!  I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that I didn't come back to finish my dessert and hubby and Funny Bunny had eaten theirs and were outside watching fireworks when I came back.  I'm thinkin' there was dairy in there...lol! 

Sunday Breakfast - Banana and coffee

Sunday Lunch -  Hummus, Tomato, and Cole Slaw sandwich.  I'm sure the cole slaw had mayo but I didn't feel like a salad.

Sunday Snack - Popcorn

I DID IT!!!  Eating healthy at Disney!  Plus, with all that walking and...ahem...tummy trouble Sat night, I lost 1 lb...and was full pretty much the whole time!  I didn't feel like I missed out on anything.

This week we are repeating meals we have eaten before, so if you haven't checked them out yet, go to my previous Menu Plan Monday posts.

If you have any easy plant-based recipes I would love to hear them! 

1 comments:

Unknown

I'm always interested in some new recipes to add to my Recipe File Box. That's why I love MPM!
Looks like there's going to be lots of yummy meals eaten this week.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!