Monday, October 8, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - October 8


Today is the start of WEEK 6 of eating a plant-based diet!! I have lost 5 lbs, and except for the dairy-filled, decadent dessert that hubby and I shared on our dinner date Saturday night, I've eaten no meat or dairy.

It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  After the first week, which was slightly torturous, especially around day four and five, it became much easier. 

Oh, and a friend passed on a GREAT site last week!!!!  It's called Chocolate Covered Katie, the healthy dessert blog.  You have got to check it out!!  There are hundreds of healthy desserts that include no oil or dairy!

I made these Chocolate Chip Blondies from her site and everyone LOVED them!!  I probably used less than a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, which of course, do contain dairy, but I knew the family would like them better.  And the next time I buy chocolate chips, I've recently read that Ghirardeli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips contain no milk, so I will be getting those.  Just fyi.  ;)

OK, so here are our dinners for this week:

Spaghetti
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili (family favorite)
Classic Minestrone
Burritos with Spanish Rice and Black Beans (family favorite)

Last week's results:

Quick and Easy Potato Soup - Don't think we will make this again.  It was kinda thick and gritty.

Bok Choy and Baked Tofu Stir-Fry in Ginger Citrus Sauce - This was really good and we will make it again!

Garden Vegetable and Bean Soup - Funny Bunny didn't like the cabbage so I think I will make it with less next time.

If you have any easy plant-based recipes I would love to hear them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!