Monday, March 4, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - March 4


I have exciting news...last week I was able to attend a Green Smoothie Girl class with a good friend of mine.  Robyn Openshaw is the creator of Green Smoothie Girl and her talk was motivating and story inspirational!  I am so excited to add a green smoothie into my meal planning!!

For now I'm keeping breakfasts and dinners the same and substituting a green smoothie for my lunches.  Lunches are the hardest meal for me, especially if I don't have leftovers from the night before.  I tend to snack and as the day goes on, I get more hungry and will reach for things I shouldn't.  I haven't made a green smoothie yet, so I'm hoping my blender will cooperate!

Breakfasts 
Handful of Shredded Wheat, Old Fashioned Oatmeal, Grape Nuts, raisins, sprinkle of cinnamon, and whatever fruit we have.  I also add almond milk.

 

Lunches
Green Smoothie

Dinners
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Giant Fruit and Vegetable Salad
Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce 
Vegetable {no cheese on my side} Pizza with this Pizza Crust
Ridiculously Easy Vegetable Gumbo
Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Soup

If you have any easy plant-based recipes I would love to hear them!  I've been pinning several on Pinterest so I'm looking forward to trying some new meals in the next few weeks!


©2010-2013 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!