Tuesday, May 28, 2013

FPEA Homeschool Convention

Homeschool Conventions
Funny Bunny and I were able to attend the FPEA Homeschool Convention over the weekend and had a blast!  We were originally only going on Friday but a friend {and fellow blogger} offered their room to share so we could stay the night.


It was HUGE, but thankfully I never found it overwhelming like I had heard.  Since we were only there for one full day, we didn't listen to any of the speakers, so we spent our time visiting with vendors and relaxing.

I made it over to The Old Schoolhouse booth and spent a couple hours chatting with Paul Suarez, Publisher of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.  He was great and now I wish I would have taken a picture of us together.  Below is the booth at least.  :)


Other highlights included meeting Dwane Thomas with Visual LatinWe reviewed Visual Latin back in 2011 and will be including it in Funny Bunny's 5th grade curriculum.  He's hilarious if you haven't seen him.


We also met Andrew Pudewa with the Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW).  We will be reviewing one of his products in July, so stay tuned!


Funny Bunny was just a tad star stuck with meeting both Dwane and Andrew because she has only seen them on videos and online.  If the pool was the coolest thing there, they definitely came in a strong second!  ;)

We met a few other vendors, which I'll tell you about later.  Oh, and below is the pool.  I wish I could tell you about how wonderful it was but I was sweating on the sidelines in my jeans because my luggage was still in the car...waaay at the back of the parking lot {where the cows roam}.  Apparently getting there right at 9am on Friday morning is what a LOT of people do.


We had a wonderful time and I hope to go back again!  It's definitely an experience worth having!


Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Stefanie

You got to meet Filtch and Canadian Andy? (Our pet names for Dwayne and Mr. Pudewa. lol) Awesome!

I'm going to my first convention in a couple of weeks, sans kids, and I'm super excited. I'll even admit that it's mostly because I'm going with my bff and not the kiddies. lol But we're both excited to meet Mr. Pudewa and Mr. Demme. My friend hasn't enjoyed the antics of Visual Latin though.

Our Homeschool Reviews

Oh, I love the nicknames! Enjoy your time out with friends!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!