Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hard Subjects to Teach

Subject Struggle

Over the years in our homeschool the subjects that have been the hardest to teach have changed.  Some years it was Math and some years it was Spelling.  This year those are actually going really well for us.

Of course, you have to keep in mind that my only child is just in 5th grade.  As she gets older I'm sure the subjects will change again.  I seriously can't imagine teaching Algebra and Geometry!  Thankful for teaching videos. :)

I would say right now that the subject I struggle teaching most has to be Latin.  I can teach the basics, but once we move past that, I just can't keep up.  :(

We've used several different curriculum, and thankfully they all come with CDs and DVDs.  I don't know what I would do without those.  But when Funny Bunny has a question that isn't in the book or DVD, I really can't help her.  Foreign language is just not my thing.

And unfortunately, she doesn't really like it either.  I'm hoping though, that as she gets older, I can find some kind of online or local class that she can take so she can be with other children or friends learning the same thing.  I think that will help motivate her with this hard to teach {and learn} subject!!

In the meantime, we are going to Keep Calm and Love Latin {well, at least we are going to try} ;)




Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!