Thursday, May 22, 2014

Trident Case Review

Trident Case Review
Almost everyone nowadays has some sort of electronic device, whether it's a smartphone, tablet, or eReader.  We own three tablets: an original iPad, which is mine and oh so outdated, an iPad 2, which is hubby's, and a newly purchased iPad Mini, which is Funny Bunny's {and also mine...but she doesn't know it}. Ha!

Everyone knows you NEED to protect your device or eventually an accident will happen!  So we were happy to review a product from Trident Case.  We received the KRAKEN A.M.S. CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2/3/4 for hubby's iPad 2.



If you've never heard of Trident Case, here are some cool facts:

* Tridents Case products are made in the USA

* The plastic is degradable, compostable and recyclable
* Their products support the following products {and several more}: Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Nokia, and Sony.

Here's what's really special about these cases.  The Kraken A.M.S. Cases meet Military Standard MIL-STD-810F for vibration, dust, sand, rain, and drop. That's basically saying they are kid proof!!


Drop - 26 drops onto concrete from 4ft
Vibration -  from 20-2000Hz across 3 different axes for a total of 18 hours
Dust - blow dust for 3 hours at 29 ft / sec
Sand - blow sand for 3 hours at 59 ft / sec
Rain - 7.9 inches per hour of rain at 40 mph wind velocity for 1 hour

Now I have no way to prove their findings but maybe your child can. ;)

These cases also have a shock-absorbing silicone inner layer, covered by a hardened polycarbonate outer-casing, with a built-in screen protector, to provide maximum protection.
As I said before, we received the KRAKEN A.M.S. CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2/3/4. Each Trident Case is available in at least five different color options.  We chose black, but could have selected from blue, pink, red, Trident green, purple, orange, or maroon.

It was simple to put on and only took me a few minutes {and without the help of hubby}.  I was proud of myself!




My Thoughts:  The Kraken AMS Case i
s definitely durable and sturdy.  In my opinion it could take the beating that a family with children could give it. I'm sure it could survive being dropped and banged multiple times.

It is a little heavier and bulkier than some of the other cases on the market, but you are getting added protection, so to me it was not a big deal.  It wouldn't stop me from purchasing it.

I wasn't sure how well the screen would work with the screen-protector, but it works just fine and I haven't had any problems with it.

My only gripe is that for the price, it does not come with a stand.  For $19.95 you can purchase a Tablet Stand and Holder but I felt like if I am already paying $69.95, it should come with it. Hubby found himself propping it up on a pillow when he was in bed so he could read or watch a movie.

All in all though, I would recommend Trident Case and the Kraken AMS Case. And did I mention that I already own a Trident Case for my LG phone?  I had researched the most recommended case about a year ago and I love it!



Find Out More:  You can find out more online at Trident Case.  The KRAKEN A.M.S. CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2/3/4 is $69.95.  It comes in black and 7 other colors and is for all ages.  Make sure to check out the cases for your smartphones and eReaders too.  Oh, and you can also Build Your Own Case.  Pretty neat!!

You can also find Trident Case on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Vine, and YouTube.

Click to read Crew Reviews

Crew Disclaimer



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!