Saturday, July 19, 2014

HomeSchoolPiano Review

Homeschool Piano Review

If you are looking for affordable piano lessons for your children, in the comfort of your own home, look no further.  HomeSchoolPiano is a subscription program that gives you access to online piano lessons.  We received HomeSchoolPiano - Complete Set of Books, which is a lifetime subscription for up to five students.

Funny Bunny has been taking piano lessons since she was 7 {almost 4 years now} so I wasn't sure if we would like this program, or even be able to use it.

HomeSchoolPiano follow a six step cycle for learning:
Homeschool Piano Review
1. Technique
2. Rhythm
3. Ear Training
4. Reading Music
5. Song
6. Improvisation

Once enrolled, you get instant access online and can learn at your own pace, using a phone tablet, or computer.  No special equipment is needed and you can view lessons as much or as little as you need.

Homeschool Piano Review

There are three books available:

Book 1 {Perfect for Beginners} - This book includes six units that help you learn things like how to read music, improvise, properly grab at the keys, and includes six original pieces.

Book 2 {Building a Foundation} - Continuing where Book 1 left off, Book 2 includes six units and focuses on rhythm, technique, reading music, songs, and improvisation.

Book 3 {Unlocking the Pianist Within} - Building on the previous two books, Book 3 also includes six units that help teach harder chords, patterns, and rhythms.


Want to try before you buy?  You can sign up to try a FREE lesson to see if you like it.

My Thoughts:  This was a little tricky for me.  Funny Bunny has many piano lessons under her belt, but since I do not know how to play piano or read music myself, it was hard for me to figure out exactly where she would start. I had to have her try several of the lessons in all three books.  I think she falls somewhere between Books 2 and 3, but since he is teaching at a different pace then her books, it isn't exact.  Our challenge was finding a lesson that was new for her so she wouldn't have to sit through things she already knew. I would still like to continue the lessons, but I may first email HomeSchoolPiano to make sure we are where we should be.

Thoughts of an 11-Year Old:  I have been playing piano for almost 4 years now, and I think HomeSchoolPiano would really help beginners and people who would know where their piano level is. For me it was challenging because what I'm doing in my books is different from what is on HomeSchoolPiano. We did finally settle on Book 3 - Lesson 1. I think the instructor did a good job teaching piano, and he was very good at playing it. This wasn't my favorite piano class, but I think it is a good product for beginner-intermediate students - or any student, really!

Find Out More:  You can find out more at online HomeSchoolPiano. HomeSchoolPiano has two payments packages.  The Success Package, which includes unlimited lifetime access along with bonuses {downloads, jam tracks, sheet music} and up to 5 students, is one payment of $299.  The Payment Plan includes the same items as the Success Package but is $99.97 per month for three months.

You can also find HomeSchoolPiano on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.  


Click to read Crew Reviews

Crew Disclaimer



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!