Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Menu Planning and Plant Based Eating


Today starts Day 1 of another 29-Day Plant Based Eating Challenge.  My first goal is to try to eat almost entirely plant based with as few oils and processed foods as possible.  My second goal is to keep it simple so others can easily follow along.

Over the weekend I made sure there was only a limited amount of unapproved foods in the house.  We don't usually have meat, unless it's deli meat for Funny Bunny's lunches.  And the only "milk" in the house is Almond Milk.  We have some processed foods like packaged crackers and snacks but those are for Funny Bunny and hubby.  I just need to steer clear.

I bought lots of fruits and veggies and planned my meals so I'm not stuck staring in the fridge when I'm hungry.

Here are my meal plans for the week:

Breakfasts - Each day I plan to make my big bowl of cereal, oats, grains, and fruit.  Super filling and healthy!

Lunches - I'll either be eating leftovers from the night before, Quinoa bowls, or rice bowls.  They are very easy to make, filling, and there is no cooking involved.  I'll post some recipes later.

Dinners - Spaghetti with homemade sauce, veggie and noodle stir fry, black bean and veggie fajitas, and veggie and bean soup.  All very simple and easy to make.

Snacks - Fresh fruit and I found a recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies.  Baking yummy snacks can be hit or miss so I'm hoping these turn out yummy!



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!