Friday, September 22, 2017

Have You Heard About VIPKID?

https://t.vipkid.com.cn/?refereeId=7277842&partnerId=6843213

If you missed it, earlier this week I shared that after 11+ years of homeschooling, our daughter had made the decision to enroll in high school. It has so far been a great decision for her, but left me with some free time on my hands.

I few homeschool moms that I know had recently joined VIPKID, so I set out to learn more. I watched several videos about the company and the interview process {there are a ton out there} and decided to start the process myself.

It ended up being super easy and more fun than I expected, and within a week I was part of the VIPKID community!

So what is VIPKID?

VIPKID provides an international learning experience to Chinese children – all from the comfort of their homes. They provide one-on-one online full immersion language and content classes.
https://t.vipkid.com.cn/?refereeId=7277842&partnerId=6843213
VIPKID provides all the training and resources. I set my schedule and wait for families to book with me. Each morning I get the pleasure of sitting for 25 minutes at a time, one-on-one with students from China. They are the sweetest kids!

All you need is to have at least a Bachelor's Degree, a desktop or laptop, a good internet connection, a camera, and a headset. The application process takes about 1-2 weeks.


Here's the entire process:

1. Sign up on their website so they can screen for basic requirements and teaching experience.

2. Join them for a 30-min interview where you showcase your teaching skills. They explain how to prepare for the interview.

3. Watch videos to learn about the VIPKID technology, standards and curriculum.

4. Practice teaching 1-2 full-length mock classes with one of their VIPKID teachers.

5. Send them your information so they can create a profile for the students and parents to get to know you.

6. Put your timeslots on your portal so that students can start booking you.

Super Simple!

It's a great way to supplement your income and you can add as many or as few classes as you would like. Right now I open just 3 classes each morning but have time to open 5 classes if I'd like. I'm obviously very part-time, but there are plenty of people who teach full time. It's very flexible!

Yep, that's me after teaching this morning.

If you would like to get more information about the hiring process or you have any questions about the company or my experience so far, let me know!

If you do decide to start the process yourself, please use my VIPKID referral link or referral code: CHRIS0314. I'd love to hear from you!


Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2017 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!