Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - January 3


In an effort to eat better, I am going to try and plan my meals out each week, and actually take a detailed list to the grocery store instead of just grabbing what is cheap and easy.  Each meal is designed to contain a certain amount of protein, carbs, and fats, along with a mix of veggies and fruits throughout the day. 

Here are my meals in no particular order (I haven't assigned days to them because I may change my mind)  ;o)

Dinner 1: Balsamic Salmon Salad.  I just made this tonight and it turned out really good and was very easy to make!

Dinner 2: Beef & Barley Soup

Dinner 3:  Chicken & Mixed Bean Soup

Dinner 4: Chicken Enchiladas

Dinner 5: Caribbean Chicken Salad

Dinner 6: Cool Taco Salad

Lunches:
Egg Salad Sandwich
Veggie Burger and Fruit
Tropical Tuna Sandwich
Turkey Sandwich
Lean Cuisine Meal
Leftovers

Breakfasts:
3 Egg Whites and 1 Whole Egg and Fruit

Snacks:
String Cheese and an Apple
Creamy Salsa Dip and Veggies
Creamy Tuna Pate and Veggies
Protein Pancakes (these are so yummy btw)
Protein Cheesecake
Edamame

All of these recipes and ideas come from the Eating for Life book, which is part of the Body for Life diet (which I will talk more about later).

For more dinner ideas or to link up, click on the picture at the top.

 

2 comments:

Unknown

Christine....

I have this AWESOME meal planning system I made...wish I knew how to market it... We got a 3 ring binder with our favorite recipes in it. Dinner are printed on red paper, sides on blue, and breakfast on yellow. Then I got those really super strong post it tabs (color-coded the same as the recipes) and wrote the name of each recipe and the page number at the bottom. When I make my grocery list, I use the www.Southernsavers.com website, my recipe book, and I pull the tabs for the recipes I'm going to use. I then put the tabs on the calendar...and of course they can be switched from day to day. (We usually have sandwiches or something for lunch). This is extremely helpful both for planning and for the fact that DH is having to help so much with the meals!

Kristy

Our Homeschool Reviews

I thought I was organized...lol! I'd like to see it!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!