Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Couponing 101: Part 4


We are on Part 4 of my Couponing 101 series.  If you are just joining us, you can go back and read Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 to get started. 

If you have been following me from the beginning, you have about a month worth of coupons saved up.  Hopefully you have organized them in some way, separating out the inserts from the Sunday paper:  SmartSource (SS), Red Plum (RP), and Procter and Gamble (P&G).  You should also be placing the date you received them on the top of the insert.  If not, go back and read Part 1.  :o)

Today I am going to give you a few tips before heading out to your store of choice. 

*  First, find out the store's coupon policy.  Does the store double or triple coupons?  Do they take competitor store coupons?  It also helps to keep a copy of the policy with you in case you run into a problem with the cashier.  You can also just call the store and ask what their coupon policy is.

*  Start small.  Before going to your grocery store and trying to buy everything on your weekly grocery list with coupons, make a separate "test" trip and purchase only a few of the deals you found online. 

*  Don't be brand loyal!  Before I started couponing, we were brand loyal to many items.  Thinking back though, I'm not even sure why.  Maybe because our parents used the same brands.  If you can try new things, you will be able to buy what is on sale, use your coupons, and save $$!!

I hope these tips have been helpful!  Continue saving those coupon inserts and I'll resume with Couponing 101: Part 5 next week!


3 comments:

Unknown

I am a very "brand loyal" person. I will have to change my thinking. Thank you again for this series. I am learning a lot.

Have a great day Christine!

Our Homeschool Reviews

Yeah, you can't be brand loyal at all. You have to buy what is on sale. It was harder on my daughter and husband when I started bringing different things home. Sometimes it was fun though, we would try things we had never tried before. :o)

Crystal

Thanks for stopping by. I already follow :)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!