Friday, January 18, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal: 1-18-13


In my life this week…  

This week has been crazy to say the least.  Tuesday night  I attended a MNO Tea and the topic was Homeschooling Through Adversity.  A friend jokingly asked why I was there {because you know homeschool families with only one child don't have much adversity}.  ;)  And really, she was partially right, I was mainly there for the fellowship and encouragement.  With just one child, things run fairly smoothly, but as I learned at that meeting, and then later this week, adversity comes in all shapes and sizes.  

With a full school schedule ahead of us, Wednesday I woke up with a UTI.  I thought I could take care of it myself with cranberry juice and probiotics, but I quickly learned Thursday morning when I woke up with severe side/back pain that I couldn't.  It had moved to my kidney and I was off to the dr.  So, my two days of school just flew out the window....BUT, it was ok.  Oh, and the house was a wreck too.  Two days of house work not getting done.

Normally I would have worried and stressed over the house and the schoolwork, but I just let it go.  I felt better last night and Funny Bunny and I tidied up and today we are catching up with school.  

I almost didn't go to that meeting because it was late and I was tired...but God knew.  He knew I needed that encouragement so I could handle what was coming the next day.  

In our homeschool this week…    

We finished Unit 20: The Spread of the Gospel in Preparing Hearts for His Glory and we started Unit 6: Reptiles Around the World in Christian Kids Explore Biology.  


This week we also started Apologia's Exploring Creation with Zoology 3: Land Animals of the Sixth DayI'll be reviewing this next month but so far we LOVE it!!

  
I'm inspired by…   

The two wonderful ladies who spoke to us at the MNO meeting on Tuesday night.  I feel so blessed to have been able to listen to them.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!