Monday, March 24, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - March 24

http://orgjunkie.com/2014/03/menu-plan-monday-march-2414.html

Today is DAY 50 of plant-based eating for me.  I started with the Engine 2 Challenge on February 3rd and have been continuing through March with motivation from the No Meat March Challenge

It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  I think I do better with eliminating entire food groups because it just keeps me away from it all.  ;)

I've been pretty successful eating out as well.  I think the hardest thing is avoiding oil, but I just pick what I think are the best selections and don't worry about it.

Yesterday we ate at a new restaurant called Bentos.  I ordered the noodle bowl with tofu and vegetables.  Of course it had soy sauce...and was very greasy, but it was good, and I think the best selection I could have made {hopefully}.  And I did go for a run after eating it because I was feeling grease guilt...lol!

Last week we had Spaghetti, a salad, and Happy Herbivore Fat Free Cornbread.  It was yummy and easy to make.


We also had Alphabet Soup, which was good but could have used more flavor and seasoning.  Definitely wasn't hubby's favorite.


Oh, I also made Peanut Butter Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream and it came out the way it was supposed to!!  It was just what I needed for a late night snack!!


For the menu this week our dinners will include: 

Lazy Pasta
Quick Burgers
Grandma's Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Grandma's Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
A probably a variation of a Brown Rice Bowl

Snacks will be the same as last week because I've found what I like and I'm sticking to it!! ;)



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!