Monday, March 3, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - March 3

http://orgjunkie.com/2014/03/menu-plan-monday-march-314.html

Yesterday was the final day of my 28-day Engine 2 Challenge!!  Honestly, I wasn't sure how the past month was going to go.  I've attempted plant based eating in the past and wasn't successful.  But I'm happy to report that it was a success this time!!

So much of a success that I plan on continuing it!!

My Successes:

* I lost 6lbs, several inches, went down a clothing size, and feel great
* My energy level is up
* I haven't had any soda
* I've only had coffee three times and didn't finish any of them
* My tummy troubles have gone away
* My headaches have almost completely gone
* I didn't make anything with meat, dairy, eggs, or oil at home
* When eating out, I picked vegan options {to the best of my knowledge}
* I've found many restaurants will try their best to help
* I've been able to find quick and simple recipes my family has {mostly} enjoyed

My Challenges:

* Eating out is not always easy and I sometimes have to plan ahead
* My family has not always been excited to eat what I've made
* Not all recipes turn out like I'd hoped
* The grocery bill has been higher than budgeted on some weeks

Not too bad though, right?  And I'm hoping to get my cholesterol checked soon.

Last week we tried a new bean burger recipe and liked it so much we are having it again this week.


Over the weekend we ate at YourPie again.  We love it there!!  I got whole wheat crust, no cheese, and tons of veggies!


And last night we tried a new stuffed shells recipe but had mixed reviews.  Funny Bunny and I liked it but hubby just wanted some real cheese.  It made so much we'll be having it again tonight.  Sorry hubs.  :(


Friday night Funny Bunny danced at a basketball game so I made a last minute dessert to take.  I think it tastes really good, but did use carob chips {bought by mistake} instead of vegan chips and there is a taste difference.  I guess they could tell.  I really like it though so that's just more for me. ;)


Oh, and a last minute trip to the beach with friends on Saturday sent me into a spin to find something to bring that would fill me up.  I know it's not ideal, but it's all I could come up with.


For the menu this week our dinners will include:

Vegan Stuffed Shells
Pizza Potatoes
Happy Herbivore Quick Burgers
Quinoa Chili
Happy Herbivore Pancakes {which we didn't get to last week}

And snacks will include:

Fruit and Nut Bars {these were really good}
Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding


To learn more about this challenge, visit the Engine 2 Diet.



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!