Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up: Third Grade #4

I thought I would post about some fun things we have done this week. 

Sunday:  We spent the day at my husband's parents house with some friends and played in the pool most of the day...and ate lots of food!  We ended the night with the dads setting off some small fireworks (the kind you get at Wal-mart) and watching the neighbors set off their fireworks (the kind you get at Phantom Fireworks).  The dog did not like either.

Monday:  We pretty much rested the whole day and watched the White House 4th of July special on TV that evening.

Tuesday:  Swim practice in the morning, dance class in the afternoon, and school in between.  My daughter finished Capyboppy and started a new book that she is reading independently called The Year of Miss Agnes. 

Wednesday:  Swim practice in the morning and a friend over for the day.  They did school together and then took a fingerprinting class at the library.


Thursday:  More swim practice and a friend over again.  Our movie theater has weekly $1 movies over the summer and I took them to see Kung Fu Panda.  It was a cute movie if you haven't seen it.  

Friday:  No swim practice so we got to sleep in and relax in the morning.  Our library also has weekly summer movies but they are free so I thought we would try it out.  One word...crowded!!  Remind me not to do that again.  We saw Gnomeo and Juliet.  Remind me not to do that again too...lol!

Today: Swim meet!  She improved her time on the fly, breaststroke, and backstroke.  It was overcast most of the morning and that made for a good meet.  :)  


So that was our week of school and fun!  For more Weekly Wrap-Up, this week I am linked up with Kris over at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

 

3 comments:

Kim

What a nice sounding week! :-) The finger printing painting looks cool and I love the swim meet picture!
:-)

Our Homeschool Reviews

It was. Thanks! :)

Lisa @ Our Country Road

I was on the swim team as a kid and remember how summer revolved around the practices. Sounds like it was worth it this week to improve on all her times!! Oh and an overcast meet-that's great for you :).

I prefer the 4th of July when you pay for Walmart fireworks and still get to watch the good stuff. Best deal :).

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!