Friday, July 22, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up: Third Grade #6


This week we finished up Unit 4 ~ Captain John Smith and Pocahontas in our Heart of Dakota book, Bigger Hearts for His Glory.

History

In History we finished reading about Captain John Smith and Pocahontas in both our history reader and our read aloud chapter book.  The two projects for the week were to draw an Indian blanket and make an Acrostic using the letters of Pocahontas.  She also did one for John Smith. 





Bible

This week we focused on Proverbs 3:29-30 and the character trait "Trustworthy."  We had some real life examples of trustworthiness this week right at home.  ;)


"Do not plot harm against your neighbor, who lives trustfully near you.  Do not accuse anyone for no reason — when they have done you no harm."

Science

In Science we continued with One Small Square: Seashore.  She completed a notebooking page on Shelled Mollusks and how they are grouped.



Fun

This week a friend came over to play three days in a row.  They spent most of their time making American Girl dresses, bookmarks, and beaded jewelry. 

Yesterday I took the girls to see Madagascar II at the movie theatre since it was $1 movie day. 

Today our plan is to finish up school before lunch, head to the pool, and then Yobe for some yummy dessert!

How was your week?  Thanks for joining Our Homeschool Reviews and for more Weekly Wrap-Up, this week I am linked up with Kris over at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

 

6 comments:

Paige

Looks like a fun week, thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard of making American Girl dresses, I'll have to look into that one, as my daughter loves all things crafty.

Our Peculiar Lives

What a fun week! I like her indian blanket!

Mary

Looks like a fun week :) I love the acrostics.

Unknown

Great poems! I love doing those for summaries! I hope I remember to include them for science and history this year! LOL

Jackie G.

Wow - I came by way of Kris' Link Up, but found SO much inspiration!
I love the AG No-Sew dresses, and the couponing links!!

I think it's awesome that you're able to school through the summer! Every year I say we will, and every year we don't. It's hard when DH works for the public school system, so when Daddy's around, no one's thinking of school!

Stefanie

What a great way to do a summary. I'm going to have to try that.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!