Monday, January 7, 2013

Menu Plan Monday - January 7


This is my first Menu Plan Monday for the new 2013 year!!  I am soooo excited to start eating healthy and plant-based again!  I took a bit of a break over the past few weeks and my body is telling me that I need to eat better.  So today is DAY 1!

If you are new to my blog, I started eating plant-based back on September 3rd.  If you are interested, here you can see all my Menu Plan Monday posts.  I linked many yummy recipes and websites.

Here are my meals for the week, in no particular order:

Garden Vegetable and Bean Soup
Vegan White Chili {From the Publix Grape Magazine}
Vegetable Pizza with this Pizza Crust
Ridiculously Easy Vegetable Gumbo
Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce

I haven't decided on my desserts for the week yet, but that's something I know I need to do before I start getting hungry.  ;)

One of my goals this year is to experiment with dry beans.  I have never used dry beans just because I am usually so last minute with dinner preparation and soaking would take planning.  We eat a lot of canned beans and I know eating dry beans would be better for us.

I also need to re-watch some of the food documentaries that started me on this journey!  It's easy to forget why I'm trying to do this!

If you are trying something different with your diet or if you have any easy plant-based recipes I would love to hear them!  

2 comments:

Cristi

I use canned beans sometimes but I've started trying to cook them from dried more of the time. If I'm using dried to put in a crockpot recipe, I do a quick soak in the evening and then cook in the crockpot overnight. It's ready to add the other ingredients in the morning. If I don't need the beans for a crockpot recipe, I just soak overnight and cook in the crockpot the next day. It's not hard -- the planning just trips me up sometimes.

Our Homeschool Reviews

I used dry beans last week and it worked out well and I have some leftover in the freezer for next time too.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!