Thursday, October 31, 2013

Some Thoughts For Today

After reading several articles condemning Christians who dress up and ask for candy on October 31st, and after some prayer, I feel like I need to share my thoughts on the topic. 

Satanic rituals occur on Halloween, probably more on this day than any other.  But just because these horrific activities take place on halloween, does not mean that they don't happen throughout the rest of the year.  Regardless of what I am doing on October 31st, whether I am sitting at home or shopping at the mall, these things will still happen, probably more than any of us are aware of.

Halloween is the one day of the year I can fellowship with neighbors I never see.  People actually come outside and talk with one another.  It's wonderful!

Should I stay inside with the lights off in protest?  I could. 

Instead, my child dresses up and we walk door to door talking with friends and having a good time.  
I don't celebrate "All Hallows Eve" and I certainly don't partake in any kind of rituals.   

Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you. ~ Deuteronomy 18:10-12


I do not do these things!  I am a Christian, a Christ follower!  Having my child dress up and walk door to door asking for candy does not mean we are engaging in any of the above activities, and if you, my brother or sister in Christ, are assuming it does, or saying that I am less of a Christian because of it, I am hurt and saddened. 

If you make the choice to not participate, I will not judge you.  As a matter of fact, I'm called by God to love you...Christian or non-Christian, trick or treater or not.

I hope I can use this day to shine a light on a dark world.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. ~ John 1:5

I pray you and your family have a wonderful night, no matter what you plan to do.  ♥

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. ~ Matthew 28:19-20

 

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2013 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!