Monday, May 5, 2014

Menu Plan Monday - May 5


Today starts Day 1 of a new 28-day plant based challenge with a few friends. I've been mostly plant based since February 3rd but I'm hoping this challenge will re-energize me and I'll find some new and fresh recipes.

My goal is to eat plant strong by following a plant based diet with no extracted oils and limited processed foods. My two challenges this month will be an upcoming three day trip and a family gathering Memorial Day weekend.  

In the past three months I've only eaten meat three times {two times were just a bite to taste hubby's meal when he asked me} and the last was this weekend.  I totally caved and had my pig out day yesterday.  :)

So today I'm starting fresh!!  We went grocery shopping yesterday and today I'll be picking up my organic produce bag from our local co-op.

Breakfasts:
My Own Variation of Rip's Big Bowl

Lunches:
Leftovers
Quinoa Bowl with Vegetables

Dinners:
Burritos with Spanish Rice and Black Beans
Spaghetti with Homemade Sauce and a Salad
Baked Potatoes with Broccoli

Snacks:
Fresh Fruit
Fruit and Nut Bars {will be taking with me on the trip}
Vegan Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cake
Single Serve Blueberry Muffin

If there is anyone who would like to join me in this challenge, please comment below.  I'd love to hear from you!



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!