Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Best of 2013: Reviews


Friday I took a more personal look back at 2013 and today I want to tell you about our

~ FAVORITE REVIEWS OF 2013 ~

We reviewed over 45 products and selected 14 as our favorites {in no particular order}.  Enjoy!

Rosie's Doll Clothes and Patterns: Sewing the doll clothes with the help of the Rosie's Doll Clothes videos was so easy. They came out good, and though some parts were harder than others, like the seams, they came out better then we expected them to. The videos helped a lot. The dolls like their outfits. ~ Funny Bunny

VocabularySpellingCity: And the best part? The games, of course! After you've completed an assignment, you can play a game! ~ Funny Bunny

Diary of a Real Payne: I only read a few chapters aloud with Funny Bunny, but during that time we were in stitches! EJ is a real character with a wild and vivid imagination! ~ Me

Classroom Friendly Supplies This amazing pencil sharpener was invented by a elementary school teacher, who along with his co-workers, was fed up with the loud and inefficient pencil sharpeners that they had in their classrooms. ~ Me

Knock I like Knock because it is a book about spiritual choices and it teaches a lesson with every choice. ~ Funny Bunny

Dig It Games: Mayan MysteriesWhen I first heard that I was getting Mayan Mysteries, I was super-excited because I had previously reviewed another Dig It game called Roman Town, and LOVED it! ~ Funny Bunny

Institute for Excellence in Writing IEW is fun for me because I like to write, but if I didn't like to write, this just might make me love writing! ~ Funny Bunny

The Adventures of Lily Lapp SeriesFunny Bunny and I read Life with Lily together and found ourselves laughing hysterically at some of the silly and fun situations. It was hard for us to put the book down because we were continuously wanting to know what would happen next. ~ Me

Memoria Press: Prima Latina: Teaching songs and prayers is a great way for students to actively use the Latin they have learned. ~ Me

See the Light: God's Special SurpriseSee the Light is fun to watch, but even more fun to draw! My favorite piece of artwork was Moses In The Nile with Jim Pence. ~ Funny Bunny

Salem Ridge Press: Hilda the BritonEvery time a chapter ended I begged to read more. In my opinion, it was a REALLY-REALLY-REALLY great book! It is one of my favorite books this year!! ~ Funny Bunny

A Journey Through Learning Lapbooks:  One of the best things about A Journey Through Learning Lapbooks is that you really do not need any other resources. ~ Me

Apologia: Exploring Creation with Zoology 3The text is really engaging and she was always ready to hear more, sometimes making it hard to stop. It stimulated some wonderful discussions between us, which is what a great curriculum should! ~ Me

What Would the Founding Fathers Think?My motto for this book? "Everyone, including adults, should read this - especially the people running for President." ~ Funny Bunny



Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Our Homeschool Reviews and get our articles right to your inbox!

©2010-2014 Our Homeschool Reviews. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!